We’re so excited you’re coming to the BHP Virtual Professional Learning Community: Gearing Up for BHP! Here’s everything you need to know.
P.S. – Still need to register for the event? Take care of that here!
Who: BHP classroom teachers grades 6-12, session lead by a BHP Teacher Leader
When: Tuesday, July 16; 4:00 p.m. PDT/ 5:00 p.m. MDT/ 6:00 p.m. CDT/ 7:00 p.m. EDT, for one hour
Where: Join Zoom Meeting by clicking on the link below.
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,636264547# US (New York)
+16699006833,,636264547# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 636 264 547
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aetUBis1XG
What: An hour-long video session to meet BHP colleagues from across the country. Build community and cover topics aligned with the BHP content you’ll be teaching…when you’ll be teaching it.
July 16: Gearing Up for BHP
How do you know where you’re going if you don’t have a plan? Whether you’re teaching BHP for the first time or you’re a seasoned veteran, you’ll get the direction you need to set yourself (and your students) up for success. In this session, we’ll:
- look at sample teacher course plans for SY 2019/20
- examine your course roadmap in the Practice Progressions Placemat
- review lessons learned from a veteran BHP teacher (can you say, free advice?)
Join your fellow BHP educators to dig into the website and uncover all the resources available to you to kick off your year right.
- Download and review these activities and resources in advance of the PLC.
- Take a look at Teaching Big History, BHP’s free, online professional development course for teachers. Whether you’re new or veteran, you’ll get a lot more out of the PLC if you (re)familiarize yourself with the structure, skills, and routines of the BHP course. The section on the Practice Progressions is especially helpful for this session.
- Sign up for the online BHP Teacher Community on Yammer. Why? So you can continue to connect with and get moral support from your fellow BHP Teachers everywhere. Go on, now. Don’t be shy.
Questions? Contact BHP Outreach Coordinator Mike Weisensel at firstname.lastname@example.org.